How Can I Receive Relocation Money Through a Short Sale?

When applying for a short sale, the application must include a request for relocation money / relocation assistance, for the lender to consider approving money to go to the seller. Up until December 30th, 2016, the HAFA program was in place. HAFA stands for “Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternatives.” Under the HAFA short sale program, the government offers mortgage lenders and servicers an incentive for allowing homeowners to short sell their homes. The deadline to apply for the HAFA program was Dec. 30th, 2016. However, sellers may still be able to receive relocation money without going through the HAFA program.

Do I Need to File a Separate Application to Apply for Relocation Assistance?

We handle your entire process from start to finish, and will provide you with the necessary documents to complete in order to apply for relocation assistance. We ensure the application is complete and submitted to the correct department at your lender. Often times, local realtors who are inexperienced with process submit documents or files incorrectly to the lender. This can result in not qualifying for relocation assistance.

Get Started With Us Today